Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Day 1

We survived yet another day with this horrible flu.  At this point Midge has it the worst, but I really think she will turn a corner tomorrow.  It wasn't a wonderful way to ring in the New Year, but I am hoping we are getting it over with early so we can have a healthy winter from here on out.  We spent most of the day watching movies.  Our favorite was the Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Day's.  The kids have really enjoyed these books and even I think the movies are hilarious. 

It makes me kind of nervous that our vacation from school (mine and theirs) is quickly coming to a close.  I need to do some planning for them to make things easier when I start back up on the 14th.  It shouldn't be too terrible since I will only be taking one class at a time, but I like to be prepared.  One of the things I want to re-establish this new year is a better routine.  We tend to start out really well and then get more and more lax until eventually what started out organized feels a lot more like chaos.  I know I can do it, it is just going to take self discipline. 

 
Until then, we continue to enjoy the luxury of sleeping in and playing more often than working.  Luckily Chiggie was feeling well enough to entertain Buster with a horse ride.  The joys of siblings!

0 comments: