Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Monkey See Monkey Do

I clean my ears with q-tips. I know I shouldn't. It's bad for them. I do it anyway though. I have never, ever, not even once, used a q-tip on one of the kids ears. I clean them with a warm washcloth and that is it. Boo didn't think that was good enough. She decided to try it my way. Unfortunately she was bumped and it went in too far. She SCREAMED out it pain immediately. I looked in the ear and didn't see anything. She complained about it for a while and then fell asleep. Tonight I noticed dried blood in the ear canal. Poor girl. I guess tomorrow I will call the doctor and see what they think I should do. I don't even know if there is anything that can be done at this point. She says it still hurts and I feel awful for her. I am, of course, putting them out of reach from now on. Poor Boo.

1 comments:

me said...

Hmm...I clean my ears with q-tips and do the same for the kids. I have never used a washcloth, I figure that's why they make q-tips! ;) That said, I am so so so glad that B's eardrum is intact!!