Thursday, March 03, 2011

Double Trouble (Ear Update)

I called first thing this morning to talk to the pediatrician's office about Boo. They really thought it would be best if I brought her in to have the ear looked at. I asked Boo if her ear was still hurting. She nodded that yes it was but pointed to the other ear. Now I was thoroughly confused and thought maybe I had forgotten which ear she poked. Once we got to the office she told the nurse and the doctor that both ears actually hurt. Upon examination it was determined that her eardrum was still intact. I was so relieved. The doctor could see where she had scratched the membrane and that is where the blood came from. It turns out her other ear was indeed infected. Go figure. Poor thing, both of her ears really did hurt. I felt bad, but relieved that I had brought her in. She has now had two doses of her antibiotic and I think she will be a much happier girl tomorrow!

1 comments:

me said...

Here's to health for all of you!