Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just Life

Today was a funny day. Not funny ha ha, but funny strange. It started out waking to the alarm, on a Saturday, to make sure we had the girls to soccer on time in their warmest clothes. Today was the last game of the season. We made it out the door on time, despite having to scrape the ice off of the windows before we could even leave. When we pulled up to the field I felt like Chevy Chase on the movie Vacation. We were the "first ones here." Yeah unfortunately we were the only ones who missed the memo that due to the days freezing temps we weren't playing. It seems next Saturday will be the last game. Ugh, all that work for nothing. The e-mail notification came at 9:45 last night and the phone call 15 minutes after we left this morning.

We came home and ate the cinnamon rolls I had stayed up late last night rising. I tried resting for a bit to no avail. We decided to burn our first fire of the season in the stove. It's cute how excited the girls get. It kept us all warm which was nice. I also worked on a lot of house cleaning. It's so hard when I'm exhausted though. I lose my focus so easily. This makes me cranky and then disappointed in myself. I hate when I get snappy and lack patience.
This is one of my projects for this week. I am really hoping to get my desk organized. It's hard to even function with it this disorganized. A lot of what you see is trash. I never used to be this way, but lately I have been saving everything to "deal with it later." Yeah, not wise.
It's hard to get much done when this is what I feel like doing ALL the time. This too shall pass right?


I partially went through the girls winter stuff and was at least able to find some coats. Only Tea needed a new one this year. Hers is the dark pink one. She gets a lot of hand-me-downs so it was nice to take her to the store and let her pick one out.
Overall it was a nice Saturday at home. I can't believe how fast the weekends fly by. The weeks do to really. Next week the King goes back to getting off of work at 3:30 instead of 5:30 so that will be nice in the aspect that I'll have more help in the afternoons and evenings. Hopefully I'll sleep good tomorrow and start the day with a better attitude and determination to get some more things done around here.

1 comments:

me said...

Here's to a great week, m'dear! Good luck with the desk, I have a pile similiar to that to deal with. At least you didn't wake up to 6+" of snow! That was a surprise. The one time I don't believe a weatherman... ;)