Saturday, August 01, 2009

Weekend Rundown

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been so many days since I last posted. We're in the midst of enjoying a pretty busy summer weekend. Today has felt like such a long day. Last night we went to the drive in and saw the movie G-Force. It was cute and the girls really enjoyed it. It helped that it had rained yesterday and it was a cool night. We didn't get too hot or stuffy at all. The little girls fell asleep on the way home and were carried to their beds. The older girls napped on the way home and came home and stayed up half the night. Oh well, they left me to sleep.

This morning/early afternoon we did a ton of yard work. Mowed/pulled lots of weeds and gathered a large lump of stuff for a trip next weekend to the dump. It doesn't look great (our grass is dead) but it looks maintained. This afternoon we're hanging some shelves in the dining room and I'm excited to put all my knick knacks that have been stored away since we remodeled.

Tomorrow we are going to church in the morning and then a pool party, for the church, in the evening. Good times. The girls do love them some swimming so we should have fun. Yesterday I also took Chiggie to buy all of her school supplies, backpack, and stuff. I was surprised at how cheap it actually was. One more month and she be back in the system. She's ready. I'll enjoy the structure I'm sure. Until then I plan to enjoy the last few drops of summer.

1 comments:

me said...

Viva la summer, hmm? I know you love it but I'm ready for some fall weather so I can spend more time outdoors again instead of sitting at the pool or on my air conditioner vent! ;) When do your girls start school?