Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Preparations

School is getting ready to start. Only two full weeks of vacation left. We've been busy making preparations. Chiggie has all of her school supplies, a new backpack, and we're going school clothes shopping on Friday. I always loved the fresh start of a new year when I was a kid and I think it's important for Chiggie to feel "new" at the beginning as well. She is very excited to start back up which is a change from last year. She's been reading all summer long and we've done several science projects so I think she'll pick up right where she left off. I'm looking forward to the structure the new year will bring.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I agree everything you just said! My kids are so excited and I'm so glad they are. I love that they love school :)

me said...

Trae was ready to start back pretty much the day school ended. She loves school, thank heavens! I'm curious to see how Jax adjusts to school. *fingers crossed* Here's to a routine!