Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whew!

Yesterday we set out on the adventure that is school clothes shopping. Lucky for us, we were able to go on a Friday, which saved us the massive crowds. We also lucked out that all of the other local districts start school on Monday and we start in two weeks. I think we got better deals because of this. We spent less this year than ever and I think she got more stuff too. We had to go to a couple of stores, but we finally found the hy-tops she wanted too. It feels good to have it done with time to spare.

I have to say though the behaviour of two of my children left quite a bit to be desired. To protect their identity we'll call them #2 and #3. They were relentless in their bickering and even got physical on a couple of occasions. We took the truck which put them in much closer proximity than they are used to in the SUV. There was a lot of "she's looking at me," " she's touching me," and all of the other cliche' sibling issues. We survived though and in the end I chalked their outbursts up to exhaustion. 7 hours of shopping wears on even the strong in spirit. I can't believe in two weeks we're back to the school routine. Wow.

1 comments:

me said...

I only have two children and the behavior of those said children leaves A LOT to be desired!! *grumble* I am so ready for these two to go to school and burn off some energy so they will quit fighting and picking at one another all the time. It's wearing me thin! Congrats on getting all your shopping done, we hit Sears and pretty much got it all done in one fell swoop! Whew!