Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reading

It's no new news that I love to read. This summer has been awesome in that way. I've had time to read several major novels. For some reason nestling down with a good book under the air conditioner in the summer is just perfect. Chiggie is a major reader now too. So far this summer she has read over 30 books including Charlotte's Web and Island of the Blue Dolphins. I love to see her engrossed in a book. It brings back my own childhood memories I suppose. Today we went to the library and stocked up for the week. I'm glad that my love of reading has been passed on to our girls.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That sounds so familiar. I remember devouring books during the summer as a kid. We'd go to the library every four or five days or so, check out a stack of five or six, and I'd have them read by the next trip. II love to see kids reading! Go Chiggie!

me said...

Ah yes, summer reading. I need to start getting T ready for school to start again with vocab words and what not. She practices her hand writing on her own and is happy to read to her brother or me while I'm cleaning the kitchen or house. I love to see her reading to herself though, it brings back so many happy memories! :)