Monday, July 13, 2009

Quiet

Our house seemed so quiet today. Our company left this weekend so there's two fewer little girls running around. The visit went great. The weather perked up and we fit in several outdoor activies and also consumed way too much ice cream. I'm so glad that they decided to come (it was a last minute invitation.) I loved having extra people around. If you know me at all than you know that I love a full house. Hence our choice to have several kids. Maybe this will become an annual tradition. I would like that and I'm sure the girls would agree.

I made the best of the quiet and cleaned up the house today. We spent so much time outside over the past several days that it wasn't bad at all. I got caught up on laundry and changed the sheets. The girls have colds and just took it easy for the day. Tonight we're having homemade pizza for dinner and everybody around here loves that.

It was very stormy here today. Lots of lightning and loud thunder. For the first time in a long time the girls actually got scared. I let them get out all of the blankets and make forts in the family room. This distracted them from the storm. Not sure what we'll do the rest of the week. I'd like to go to the pool for sure, but the weather doesn't look very promising. We'll just have to see I guess.

1 comments:

me said...

We do forts on a nearly weekly, if not daily, basis around here. I quite regularly walk out to find all my dining room chairs in the living room. Eh, at least it keeps em occupied and it's relatively easy to clean up, right!? :)
What's the annual tradition, having others to the house or having babies? LMBO