Monday, September 29, 2008

Me and my Great Ideas

Do you ever get a burst of ambition and decide to start a huge project, start it, lose the ambition, and then realize you're now in too deep and can't stop? Yeah I'm there. I got the crazy idea to go buy new storage containers, sort through ALL of the girls clothes, and implement a new system. Much easier said than done. Basically all I got done today is the summer clothes sorted and put into the bins and the fall/winter clothes sorted and put into baskets to be washed.

What I'm left with is a gigantic mess. Clothes everywhere. I still have to sort through all of the clothes that are now too small for any of the girls and prepare them for donation. Then I have to sort through the rest of the clothes that aren't for this season and get them packed away. Wow, what a task. We're looking at two more days to get it completely done. Mostly due to the fact that I am interrupted at least 100x a day.

The girls sure had fun today though. While I was focused on the task at hand they set force on their own task: Mission destroy the whole house while Mom is busy. I'm now stepping on Doritos and can't find the family room floor. I guess that's what I get for leaving them mostly unsupervised. I know I'll feel awesome when this task is accomplished. If I survive that is..

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hey, you just described a good portion of my day, lol. I canned tomatoes and let the kids run wild while I did.

But good for you! One of these days I'll be forced to go through our hordes of clothes. Right now I pile everything in a corner until I can't stand it, then separate it by gender and chuck it in a closet. I'm impressed :) Good luck finishing it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

me said...

May the force be with you! I want pictures of the finished product! Go check out my blog, I put up a tour in response to your request. Enjoy! :)