Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lunch

When the school year first began it was extremely hard to adjust to Chiggie being gone all day long. Lunch was an especially different time since we'd had lunch together just about everyday for the last 7 years. I decided it might be fun to take the girls to the school to eat once in a while. We picked Wednesday and it kind of just stuck. I wasn't sure how well behaved the little girls would be so I planned to take them to my Mom's if it didn't work out. They have behaved wonderfully every time. They love seeing Chiggie in the middle of the day. Playing on the playground is a huge treat for them as well.
So now it's just something we do every Wednesday. It gives us time together and some predictability. It's great that it's right in the middle of the week too. Things can get pretty monotonous around here.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

And I'm sure Chiggie loves it too! I used to LOVE it when my mom would come eat lunch with me at school! It always made me feel so important! :)

Christine said...

What a great idea. I bet that's just a special day to look forward too and I love breaking up the week a little with fun stuff like that.

I think it's great the school will let you do that. We're not allowed to visit at lunch unless it's just to drop one off!