Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Power of 10

I was tagged by Elizabeth for this meme. Here goes:

10 years ago I was 17 years old, dating the King, and working a part time job at Target. I was trying to decide where to go to college.

10 months ago I was Adjusting to life with 4 kids. Boo was brand new and Chiggie was getting ready to start Kindergarten. For the first time in my parenting journey I was feeling a little "overwhelmed." I didn't know it at the time but I was also dealing with postpartum thyroiditis.

10 weeks ago I was getting ready for our Spring Break trip to GJ. It was the first time I took a trip with all four girls by myself. I was also in the middle of a fairly significant weight loss.

10 days ago I was Celebrating Memorial Day Weekend at Cutty's Resort with the King and the girls. It was our first camping trip with all four girls. We had a blast.

10 hours ago I was on my hands and knees mopping the bathroom floor. Darned cats and their cat litter everywhere. Sheesh.

10 minutes ago I was Drying Tea with a bath towel and helping her into her jammies.

10 minutes from now I will be Taking Midge up to bed and hurrying back down to play Carnival Games on the Wii with the older girls.

10 hours from now I will be Still sleeping I hope. The girls have been sleeping in so far this summer.

10 days from now I will be Getting ready for a very busy weekend including VBS, T-ball pictures, and Father's Day.

10 months from now I will be The Mom of an almost 2nd grader! Hopefully sitting on new furniture and admiring my new hardwood floors. Dream big I say!

10 years from now I will be Mom to an almost 17 year old, almost 14 year old, almost 11 year old, and a 12 year old. The King and I will have been married for 19 years.

1 comments:

me said...

YAY FOR YOU! Thanx for partaking...and I like dreaming big! Here's to hardwood! :)