Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Catch the Reading Bug

This is the theme for our Library's Summer Reading Program this year. Today was the kickoff and it was a perfect afternoon to spend at the library. The weather is cooler and rainy. So instead of swimming, which they have done everyday since Saturday, today we went and got signed up. The girls checked out several books a piece and colored their butterflies for the display. This is Midge's first year participating and she is very excited. Chiggie also got her own card which she is very proud of. It's nice to have something to do on those hot or rainy days, and I love watching them devour books!

1 comments:

me said...

The theme is universal in public libraries as far as I know. We have the same theme and signed up on Monday. I too love to watch my kids enjoy books...happy reading!! :)