Monday, May 12, 2008

Remembering

Tonight I spent some time browsing my own archives and was very surprised to read my posts from last year. First of all some of them I can remember typing very clearly. It seems like I published them a week or two ago maybe, but a year? I was also surprised to see how much my life hasn't really changed. I have a tendency to remember only the positive things from the past and to conveniently forget the mundane day to day stuff. It's really funny to go back and see that while yes, we were in the process of planning a really fun Memorial Day Weekend ( as we are now) I was also busy with cleaning, laundry, sick kids, etc. In a way I found it encouraging. I remember last year very fondly despite the setbacks we experienced. I think sometimes I forget how good things are going. I over analyze every little detail and seek perfection to a fault. That will be my goal this summer, to relax. I just want to enjoy some simple time with my family. It will be a challenge, but I think I'm up for it.

1 comments:

me said...

YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN! :) Glad to hear you enjoyed a walk down memory lane...we should all do that, to appreciate the present!