Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hodge Podge

Friday was Chiggie's Birthday celebration at school. She was thrilled to get to wear the birthday crown and share treats with the class. Per her request I made fruit kabobs and the kids went nuts over them. It's nice, and rare, when they actually request something healthy.


The King is home this weekend and we spent all day today working in the yard. We had to change our plans when we discovered, much to our dismay, that everyone in town was entirely out of sod. Drat. We did buy seed, but we bought more expensive seed than we have in the past and we actually went to a nursery and got some advice on what to do. We shall see how it works out. We also decided to downsize the amount of grass and focus on other types of landscaping. We bought and installed a pond and plan to have our own little eco system. The girls loved helping, but Tea was especially disappointed when she found out we couldn't swim in it.



All the work pretty much tuckered Boo out. She fell asleep as I pushed her in the swing. Don't worry though, I didn't leave her sleeping outside in the 85 degree sun. I tucked her safely into her crib where she rested for the next couple of hours.
Midge was also napping during much of the pond installation so she isn't in any of the pictures. So here is a shot of her and the King playing before bed. Tomorrow I will be sure to post pictures of the flowers I planted and the finished pond. All we have left to do is activate the waterfall and add some flowers and fish. Keep your fingers crossed that the grass seeding works fast and the temperatures stay warm but don't get scorching. Seeding is such a pain, but hopefully in a few weeks we'll have a lawn.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

How exciting! I love seeing dirt turn into a yard!

me said...

*fingers crossed* keep us posted and thank you for the picture, I loved looking at them..esp Miss Boo falling asleep in her swing, too cute! I'm glad you guys got so much done this weekend, that always gives me such a sense of accomplishment when starting the week.