Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Very close

Tonight after the kids went to bed I decided to clean the fish tank.  It wasn't even very dirty, but I like to stay on top of it.  I was already pretty tired but went for it anyway.  As I was pouring the water from the tank (it's a Beta tank) into the sink, the same fish that usually hangs out at the bottom and makes me "fish" it out, plopped right down the drain.  I screamed.  I almost panicked and flipped on the garbage disposal.  Why is that the natural reaction?  I have heard many horror stories.  The King ran in when he heard my distress, but his hand was too big to reach down.  Unfortunately I have a major aversion to touching slimy things.  It freaked me out terribly but I reached down the drain and grabbed the fish.  It was almost as if she jumped right into my hand.  I plopped her into the cup of water I already had ready and she started swimming around right away.  She doesn't appear to have any injuries and was probably only out of the water for about 30 seconds.  Whew....

0 comments: