Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Methods

 When we first started homeschooling I really wasn't sure what method I liked best.  I ordered more of a hodge podge and figured we would learn as we went.  One thing I was sure of was that I didn't want to recreate school at home.  I am in no way criticizing those who choose to do it that way, I just knew that wasn't the way for us.  At first I really second guessed my self A LOT.  I worried that we weren't doing enough.  Now here we are less than a week left and I am amazed at how far all of the kids have come.  Here in a bit I will do a real post on that, so that I can see for myself the progress we've made, but for now it's just awesome to see that Midge is reading and Tea knows her multiplication tables.  I never would have thought she would learn them in 1st grade.  Especially since we do NO busywork.  The kids hardly do any worksheets at all.  I am very glad that I trusted my gut and didn't fall into the trap of thinking I couldn't possibly know what's best!

0 comments: