Monday, April 02, 2012

Boo's Bad Night

We had a great weekend.  The weather was amazing for this time of year and we bbq'd and ate outside several nights in a row.  Everyone was exhausted last night and went right to bed.  Boo didn't sleep long before she woke up crying and upset.  It took forever to figure out what was wrong, but she was finally able to say that her ear hurt really bad.  It was so sudden.  She hadn't complained of any pain all day long.  Now she was running a fever and in a lot of pain and it was only 11pm.  It was along night.  She slept on and off but it was fitful.  I had to move her to the couch and put a heating bag on the side that hurt.  We both slept very little. 

This morning I called the doc's right away and they got her in, thank goodness.  We decided to take one more day of spring break so her and I can catch up on some rest.  I was cranky this morning though from lack of sleep and the disorder it had caused.  I wouldn't describe myself as super flexible and I was irritated that the day wasn't going to go as planned.  Right as I was getting ready to leave the landscaping company showed up to fix the sprinkling system.  I had to wait until they could pull out of the driveway and park along the street to leave.  I was afraid we were going to be late to the doc's and sped out of the garage only to rip my side view mirror off in the process.  Humbling.  I take it as a sign from God, slow down....

0 comments: