Friday, July 01, 2011

Why I Should Not Have Electronics

We just don't mix. Technology and I that is. I don't seem capable of protecting elecronic things from harm. Go back a bit through my archives and you will soon know exactly what I mean. Now for possible casualty #687:

Yesterday I casually placed my cell phone on an end table in my room hooked up to the charger. I was reading library books to the little girls when Buster walked over and handed me the charger. Hmmm. I went into my room and the phone was gone. I looked under the bed, on the floor, and all around the end table. No such luck. I looked in the neighboring rooms and when it didn't turn up my heart sank. In a panic I had Chiggie call my phone from her phone. I listened by the vent in our room. Nothing. We walked all through the house and didn't hear a thing. Then, from the bathroom, a buzzing sound. A vibrating, buzzing sound, coming from the toilet. Noooooooooooooo! Sure enough there she was. No idea how long she was under water without air.

I grabbed her out, immediately removed the battery, pumped her little chest and screamed "live!" Now I'm no trauma nurse, but as I've previously mentioned electronic emergencies are no stranger to me. I followed protocol. Into a bowl of rice she went and there she has been since. I can't bear the thought of another casualty. I really hope she makes it!

2 comments:

The Kuglers said...

OMG... I can not stop laughing... I am seriously dying here LOL.... your descriptions just crack me up... I hope she lives also

me said...

WOW. You really need to get electronic insurance maybe. Definitely look into those extended warranties! ;)