Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crazy NIght

Thanks to a wonderful friend, yesterday I hooked up a window ac unit upstairs. It was amazing how quickly it cooled down up there. I was so relieved and very much looking forward to the having the main level back to myself that night. I put everybody to bed like normal and took a nice relaxing shower. I was getting ready to go to bed and everyone was sleeping when I heard a loud noise and all the lights went out. It was pitch black and I could hear all of the kids panicking and screaming. I spoke loudly but calmly telling them to stay where they were and I would come to them. I grabbed a flashlight as quickly as I could, it was very dark, and made my way towards the stairs. The girls were wide awake and scared.

I got them downstairs on the couches and turned on some flashlights and lit some candles. I looked outside and there was no light what so ever. It turns out the entire town was without power. It was so weird to see things that dark. The girls couldn't seem to fall back asleep and were very nervous that the power wouldn't come back on. A little after 2 am it finally did. They were still up. I was absolutely exhausted. I had spent the entire day cleaning and had planned on a great nights sleep. We are trying again tonight and hoping for no disasters!

0 comments: