Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coasting

The school year is hard work. Hard work for me. Hard work for Chiggie. Even hard work for the girls. We have to get up early. We're on a very limited schedule. Our days revolve around drop offs and pick ups. Not to mention the many activities that we're involved in. It can be exhausting for all involved really. It's kind of like pedalling up hill. The top of that hill in in sight and I'm so excited.

See to me summer is like coasting. You finally get to the top of the hill and you get to coast your way down. Sure there's work involved. You don't want to crash, but for the most part you just get to feel the wind in your hair and enjoy the view. The work is different. Less strenuous, more relaxing. There's trips to the drive-in, time at the pool, camping, fishing, bike rides, park picnics, library visits, and time at the beach. It flies by, but you have to enjoy it. Before you know it your pedaling again.

2 comments:

Christine said...

LOL, I love the analogy! I totally agree with you. And I'd bet that you're even busier than us!

The end of the school year is proving to be really busy already for sure. As much as I dread the long days of summer with too much free time for the kids, I also love the lack of schedule. Hooray for summer!

me said...

If you hold your arms up it's more fun...sort of makes that last trip down the big hill more exciting. ;)
Here's to coasting, chica, lets hope we survive May intact!