Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year!

Ready or not, 2014 has arrived!  Some time ago I sort of gave up on the idea of resolutions. I think I was too stiff in the goals I set.  They were unrealistic and like most people, I ended up giving up a couple of months into the new year.  This year I have some general goals for myself and for our family.  While we will be moving soon, I am still focused on minimizing.  I am easily overwhelmed and therefore I need to keep distractions and responsibilities to a minimum.  Just raising and homeschooling 5 kids is intensive and time consuming enough! 

One thing that I have been wanting to do for some time is learn to sew.  A couple of my girls have expressed interest in this area as well.  I think this would be a great year to add this to our plate.  Regardless of what 2014 holds I want to remember and focus on Philippians 4:11, "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have."  I definitely need improvement in this area!

0 comments: