Saturday, July 20, 2013

Accomplishment

In late April I started the hardest college course I had taken up to this point.  The dreaded probability and statistics.  Not only was I not pleased to have to take the course, but over summer vacation? Seriously?  While the kids swam in the beach I was silently stewing over standard deviations and while they all danced and played to the music of the Saturday night band I was thinking about correlation coefficients and trying to solve the problems associated with poverty and its effect on single moms.  I wanted to quit.  Every weekend I told my husband I was.  I wanted to withdraw and just try another time.  Take a break.  Just relax a little and worry about it later. But I didn't.  I completed two major PowerPoint presentations, two 5+ page exams, and multiple papers discussing the integration of Christian faith into statistics.  Today I submitted my final and bid the course adieu!  It felt like a million tons had been lifted from my shoulders.  I am so happy that I stuck it out.  I always tell the kids that life is much more about joyfully doing the things we don't want to do, than it is having fun but living that out was a tall order.  I am on to other things now but I will never forget the summer I took statistics!

0 comments: