Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Flu

It started with Midge.  Standing in line at Waterworld, she suddenly said, "I think I have strep throat."  I felt her and she was a bit warm, who isn't outside in the sun at a water park in June?  That night she felt worse and when she woke up in the morning, her throat wasn't her only problem.  Pink eye was next on the list.  I knew she didn't have strep because she was now congested and nasally.  I got some decongestant and a fever reducer and hoped she would get better soon. 

Tuesday, with Midge still under the weather, Boo woke up early fevered and ill.  Her eyes were clearly victims as well.  I began the same treatment with her.  Thank goodness I have eye drops left over from our last bout of conjuctivitis.  It's so weird that they are having these symptoms this time of year.  I am sure all the cotton in the air is not helping much.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and my eyes felt like they were literally on fire.  They were watering so badly I felt like I really was crying.  I put some drops in and tried to sleep the best I could.  We were also having a really bad storm and it was hard to sleep through the flashing lightning and the booming thunder. 

I think this might be a long week!

0 comments: