Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy

This has been a really great week!  The middle girls all had a fabulous time attending VBS.  It was really nice for them to have somewhere to go every morning for a week.  By Friday, they were getting tired but still all smiles.  The week was topped off by a visit from my Mom and sisters.  My only regret is that I have no pictures to share of all that we did, but I was so busy enjoying the moment that I just didn't take any!

On Friday we went to the rec center.  It was really fun to swim and play and it had been so hot it felt wonderful.  Later we all enjoyed a bbq and then s'mores by the fire.  We sat outside on our new "patio" and enjoyed a nice rainstorm late that night.  We really need rain which made it that much better.

Saturday we were up bright and early and on our way to Water World to officially celebrate Chiggie's 12th b-day.  I was shocked at how few people were there, the short lines, and the amazing weather we had.  The highlights of the day included riding the Mile High Flyer and Midge riding the Screaming Mimi!  We arrived at open and stayed until close, enjoying every minute of this amazing park!  That night we had hoagies, another fire, and more rain.

Sunday we woke up and started our Father's Day off with church.  Afterwards we went to Red Robin for lunch, walked the mall (Chiggie had b-day money), and then the guys went fishing while the rest of us watched a movie back at the camper. We were too exhausted for a fire that night, so we showered the kids and went to our seperate sights.

Tomorrow they go back home and I am sad to see their visit end.  To add to my sadness, Midge spiked a fever tonight, complained of a sore throat, and has what appears to be the symptoms of pink eye.  Hopefully we will get some rest this week and the sickness will pass!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com