Sunday, July 15, 2012

Camp Como 2012

 Don't give up on me.  I am definitely still around and doing my very best to make this summer one to remember, even under unbelievably difficult circumstances.  Last week I took Chiggie and my little sister to Camp Como.  We had a really good time despite the fact that the engine blew on our SUV on the way up making things interesting as always.




The weather was gorgeous.  We got several showers, but I have missed the rain so much that I didn't mind at all.  The rainbows afterwards made it all worthwhile.

 It was a good opportunity for Chiggie and Marlee to get away for a bit.  They are enjoying their last little bit of time as young kids.
 The theme of the camp this year was "The Sweet Salvation Soda Shop."  They had a sock hop and everything.  It was quite cute.

 They both enjoyed climbing the outdoor rock wall this year.  I am just glad they both had the nerve to at least try.
 The food was great, but most of the time I was able to avoid the major temptations.  It  was a great detox because I had no access to soda for 4 days.
I am glad we got to spend this time together growing closer to God.  This will be Chiggie's last year at Camp Como!

0 comments: