Friday, January 06, 2012

Ice Skating

I will post my week in review tomorrow as I thought today's field trip deserved a post of its own.
We only did our morning subjects, which means we got to take a day off from math, yay! We headed out around 12 and had our skates and were on the ice just a little after 1.

At first even I couldn't believe how slippery the ice felt. I was really wondering how much they would want to skate. Poor Boo's legs were sliding into the splits when she tried to even stand.
They were determined though and an hour later were making their way around the rink much quicker. They definitely have a greater appreciation for figure skaters and hockey players.
It was nice because it was unseasonably warm outside so we never got too cold either. We wore hats and gloves though so that helped too.
I love these kids so much and I'm glad to have these opportunities with them!

0 comments: