Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Week, Really?

Like most do, this week has gone by amazingly fast. The last real week of summer. We tried to go swimming on Thursday but much to our dismay the pool is only open on the weekends now. We were pretty disappointed. We headed over to my Mom's house instead for a little water play in the hot tub and sprinklers. Afterwards we hit DQ for french fries and ice cream cones. Poor Boo was minding her own business and eating her ice cream cone when a darn wasp stung her. On the tongue! At first my Mom and I couldn't figure out where it had gotten her. We saw it, still alive, crawling on her swimming suit top, but she was crying too hard to tell us. Then I saw the stinger and sac on her tongue. It really freaked me out. I was afraid her tongue would swell up. Luckily it was only minor swelling. Here she is a few hours later showing off her war wound. Poor baby. We gave her some Benadryl and she slept for quite awhile. It was fairly traumatic.

Last night the girls had a sleepover at my Mom's house. They had a fabulous time complete with capture the flag and marshmallow roasting. Chiggie had play practice all day and then when I picked her up we went and finished up school supply shopping. We had to go to four different stores. We have everything but the Prang watercolors. Everyone is out them. Tea doesn't start until Wednesday so we'll just keep checking.

After our last stop we were riding home in the car when I looked back and they were both completely zonked out. If this is how they're feeling now, I can't imagine how they'll feel after the next week or so!

0 comments: