Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hamster Wheel

The past few weeks I have literally felt like I was running in a hamster wheel.  A lot of effort with no real progress.  Things are looking up though.  We are all excited to be starting school on Monday.  I am as prepared as I am going to get.  I ordered our last couple of downloads today and printed out the next two weeks worth of lessons for history.  This year I have decided to only plan for two weeks at a time.  It just gives us more flexibility that way.

Today I mowed our very long lawn and picked some weeds that were really getting out of control.  Buster loves to help and he watered the rose bushes for me after all the weeding.  He is getting so big and just gets cuter and cuter everyday.  I am glad he is older this year.  His participation in school will be very minimal, but he surprises me with his vocabulary and knowledge all the time.  He sings his ABC's and I don't think there is anything more adorable.



The kids have been busy finishing up summer.  They have played outside so much that being inside more next week will almost be weird.  Tomorrow I will post some pictures of our school area for this year and hopefully as the week continues our curriculum and some of the ideas I have.  It's nice to have something to look back on.

0 comments: