Friday, October 28, 2011

Crazy as Always

We got our first snow storm of the season on Wednesday. Is was predicted to snow all day with an accumulation of around 4". The problem is the weather forecast is so rarely accurate. When we woke up that morning is was already snowing pretty heavily. It continued all morning and at 11 am we lost power. I figured it would come back fairly soon so we just continued on about our business. At around 1pm it came back on but was back out again by 4pm. I assumed it would be a bit but we would be back up before bed time. We waited and waited. We ate our dinner of takeout pizzas by lantern night. The girls were really getting anxious. It was very dark outside and still snowing heavily. At 7:3o pm I decided to load up some stuff and head over to my mom's house. I was still figuring the power would come on soon, but it was getting really cold and the girls were getting scared.

I kept calling our house throughout the evening hoping the answering machine would pick up and I would know that we had power. Finally around 11pm I gave up calling and we spent the night. When I woke up we called first thing and still no power. We came home anyway and tried to do school the best we could. It was cold in the house and we were really starting to wonder how much longer we would be without heat. All over town we saw the many downed limbs and trees. Even our own yard was littered with twigs and branches. Finally at 2pm the power kicked back on to stay. It took what seemed like forever for things to warm up, but we were just so glad to have lights. I was thrilled to be able to start a load of laundry! There is another storm predicted this Wednesday and I am praying we will not have to go through all of that again!

0 comments: