Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Little Helper

On Friday our dryer heaved its last hot breath. Actually it nearly lit the house on fire, but either way, it's dead. We had been milkin' it for quite some time now, so I'd be lying if I acted at all surprised. I was not happy about it at ALL. To top it off the place we will buying a replacement from just happens to be closed until Wednesday. Really? Today though, my attitude changed. It is not the end of the world. Much worse could be happening than a few days without a dryer. We decided our best option would be bare minimum at the laundry-mat. I washed a few loads at home and then took several to wash and the ones to dry. Midge begged to come along. She remembered coming last time and just loves to help. I brought her along and I can't believe how much help she is at only 5 years old. She held doors open, folded clothes, threw away trash, and just kept me company. Really it ended up being a blessing. We have plenty of clean laundry for the week and I got to spend time with her.

0 comments: