Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to School Series: School Area

We start a week from tomorrow. I am both nervous and excited. Mostly excited. I know there will be kinks to work out and that's mostly what I am dreading. I have spent a great deal of time planning and organizing and I'm not really looking forward to re-vamping anything. This is the area where the girls will do the majority of their seat work. We will in no way be confined to this area, but it will definitely keep the materials from spilling over into the rest of the house.

The is the early elementary calendar corner we created. The little girls really love. They will take turn presenting the month, day, and the weather.



All of their core subject books and supplies are kept in these carts. It keeps things organized and I am hoping it will help them to be more independent eventually.






This bookshelf holds my books and other resources and supplies that I don't want them having unlimited access to.


I will be using this little white board (I'm hoping to get a bigger one soon) to write spelling words and copy work on for the little girls. They have a miniature version to work with as well.




I brought the bean bag chairs in for them to sit and read quietly (shhh! I can dream) while I work one on one with whoever needs it at the time.


This basket by my desk holds library books that were specifically chosen at appropriate reading levels for each child. This is an effort to avoid wasted time searching for something to read.


For now, I think we are pretty much ready. It's hard to tell what else we may end up needing when it's the first year. I don't want to go overboard and end up with a bunch of things we don't use anyway. Stay tuned this week as I will also be posting about our schedule, curriculum, outside activities, and where each child stands right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything looks amazing:) Looks like you have been very busy and it all looks VERY organized. Good luck on your new adventure, I belive it is gonna be amazing!
Love ya all,
Jess

Anonymous said...

BELIEVE! Woops, maybe I need to use your spelling board. LOL