Saturday, April 12, 2014

Safe and Sound

Initially, I was more than just a little irritated that we managed to get a flat tire on moving day, less than an hour after we picked up the truck.  As the morning wore on, my perspective did change.  It was nice to have extra time with family.  The King took a nice nap (he has had Midge's flu) and the kids had extra play time.  Thankfully the tire was fixed quickly and it could have been worse, we could have been halfway home or something really inconvenient.

Interestingly enough, a year ago to the day we made our big adventurous move.  As I drove through Denver, I couldn't help but think how scared I was last year and how at ease I am now.  So much has changed, and it has been an incredible year.  Last year we were so unsure of what the future held.  All we really knew was that we wanted, needed, to be together.  Now, while we certainly don't have any more insight into the future than anyone else, we have a sense of peace that I am so thankful for!  And now we are home, safe and sound.

0 comments: