Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An Answer to Prayer

We have been homeschooling for three years now.  Through babies, major moves, extenuating living circumstances, and major national disasters. I was so unsure at first.  So scared and overwhelmed.  I can honestly say that I am still afraid sometimes and I still get overwhelmed, but it is one of the best decisions we have ever made.   We all love it.  That being said, there were things I felt we were all missing out on.  I prayed and prayed that these needs, if they really were needs would be met.  This went on for all three years and nothing really came up.  Then recently through our church we learned of a program that seemed to good to be true.  The more I researched and talked with others, the more certain I was that our prayers had been answered with a  big yes!  Today I registered all four girls to attend a once a week enrichment program at church with lots of other homeschooled kids.  They will each be learning a musical instrument, performing in choir, and taking fun classes like candy chemistry and mock trial.  It will be nice for them to spend a whole day away doing things that we just don't get to do at home.  It will be easy to accommodate our school schedule to a four day week, still maintaining everything we are doing at home.  Buster is registered (barring any major changes) to begin in Kindergarten as well.  It is amazing how much patience and diligence can pay off!

0 comments: