Sunday, March 02, 2014

We Moved!

I am so happy to say that after a long house hunt we found one that is just perfect for us! I was actually very surprised at how long it took.  We were on the verge of just renting an apartment (the heat went out in the camper) and had actually just looked at a complex the day we found the house!
It has been a lot of fun cooking in full size kitchen again.  I also cannot say enough how thankful I am to have a dishwasher.  It is amazing the difference that makes!

The dining area is not very large, but we bought a table that seats all of us and a really nice hutch, so it worked out.
It is also really nice to be able to shower whenever we want.  I love having a bathroom upstairs and downstairs, so more than one person can be getting ready at a time.  Once again, this is a major time saver.
The kids really like having their own space to hang out and watch movies too.  On the other side of this room is our homeschool area, but it is a work in progress so I will share when it is ready.
One of my favorite things about this house is its proximity to the lake.  This is the view from the living room window.  The lake is beautiful.  We don't have water rights, but we are very near the public beach.
Once the snow melts, if it ever does, the kids will have a nice big backyard to play in.  It also happens to have a hot tub which is a pretty nice bonus as well.  Boston is loving being able to come in and out and we are loving not having to have him on a leash.  I am so thankful for everything this last year has entailed.  I have not enjoyed all of it in the moment, but we have learned so much!

0 comments: