Monday, May 27, 2013

The Jump

In mid May we returned to our old town to celebrate my Mom's birthday.  It was a big one for her as she was celebrating turning 50.  I was so stinkin' happy to be able to be there.  After over a month of not seeing them it was so great to be back together again.  My only complaint was the time went too fast!
 
 My mom is one crazy lady and to make a statement on her big day she went sky diving.  What a cool thing to be a part of.  I don't think the kids will ever forget this experience.  Or the adults for that matter.
 I had crazy butterflies in my stomach as I watched her get harnessed up and pack a parachute.  At this point I was thinking, "what in the world is she doing this for???"
 She boarded the plane and gave a big thumbs up to the kids, who were shrieking with delight and chanting, "Mema! Mema!"  As the plane took off and gained altitude, I almost passed out with anticipation.
 I don't think I have ever felt more relieved than I did when her parachute opened.  At this point, I finally relaxed and enjoyed watching.
 The landing was great and she looked so happy.  Everyone was jumping up and down and it was starting to rain.  The whole experience felt pretty surreal.
You did it Mom!  I love you and hope you had a fantastic birthday!  This is only the beginning and I am sure you have many more crazy experiences ahead of you!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

How fun! She's one brave lady!