Friday, October 09, 2015

October Happenings

It's only just begun, but October has been a busy month so far for the Dauk family.  I finished my first set of classes (3) and I am very thankful that they are just over.  I immediately started two additional courses, which I think I am going to like better, and either way 7 weeks from now I get a 7 week vacation.  I am very much looking forward to that after so much time preparing for and then working on school! 

In addition to me adjusting to school, Chiggie has been adjusting as well.  She is really enjoying herself and we are confident from all perspectives that we made the right decision sending her this year.  Earlier this month she went to homecoming and had a blast.  It was actually pretty exciting for all of us.  The King and I walked around Old Town while her and her date had dinner and then we dropped them off at the dance.  It really does not feel possible most days that she is actually in high school. 




The younger kids are keeping busy too.  Tea is working two mornings a week as a mother's helper in addition to her school work and LEAP.  She really enjoys both the job and getting paid.  She has saved nearly all of her money, and is hoping to buy a computer of her own.  She loves to play Minecraft, so that has been a motivator. 

Midge and Boo are enjoying gymnastics and advancing quickly.  They are both very determined and take it very seriously.  It is fun to watch them enjoying themselves!  Buster has adjusted perfectly to LEAP Kindergarten and is beginning to read.  He really is not a baby anymore, but I will still pretend for just a bit longer....

0 comments: