Sunday, August 04, 2013

Changes for the School Year

As I plan this post out, I am taking a quick break from busily cleaning up and packing for our end of the summer hurrah!  We are excited to be heading out on one last trip before school begins,  but I think we are all excited to start school as well!  I had mentioned before that we are doing some things very differently this year and we really are.  Chiggie and Tea are getting older and have the ability to be much more independent.  They both read significantly above grade level and have great comprehension skills as well.  For this reason we have decided to use Switched on Schoolhouse for 4th and 7th grade.  I went back and forth over this decision, researching every little review and detail I could find.  It seems like it is going to be  a terrific fit.  I ordered both grades a little over 2 weeks ago and received and installed the program on Friday.  Wow!  I am so impressed with this program so far.  The features are more than I ever could have asked for.  The assignments look fun and at the same time it is such a relief to have everything planned out for me! 

Chiggie and I went over some of her early assignments, reports, and projects together and she was so excited just seeing everything she is going to be reading and studying.  I was able to customize the calendar, so I already know what days we will be taking off and how our vacations will fall.  This is great for planning!  I scheduled us with 8 extra days, so we have wiggle room for sickness and such.  As soon as we get back from our vacation, we will shop for our usual back to school supplies and then I think I will really feel ready!  Next I will post about my plans with Midge and Boo, don't worry they are equally exciting!

0 comments: