Sunday, September 13, 2015

Seeking the Master

For me the decision to keep going in school was not an easy one.  Truthfully, I feel plenty busy at home, and I don't especially love loading myself down with extra book work.  However, that was always the plan eventually.  I began to realize that the longer I put it off, the harder it would get to start back up again.  So, after a semester off, I decided there was no time like the present.  The most difficult aspect so far has been the residency requirement.  I have to be on campus for a week at a time every couple of semesters.  This was a bit of a nightmare logistically for a myriad of reasons, but mostly because the first one was Chiggie's first week of school.  Talk about feeling conflicted.  I was home for the first day though, and everything from then on out went smoothly.  We all had great weeks, and I am far more relaxed about the future school wise.  I will spend the next two semesters in class, and then begin my practicum this summer.  I am taking things a day at a time.  I have participated in community counseling sessions and am enjoying myself so far..  I didn't realize how nervous I would be, but it gets a little easier each time!

0 comments: